About the Board Certified Medical Affairs Specialist Program (BCMAS)
Remain competitive in today's global marketplace by building a solid understanding of key principles in medical affairs. Build Your Brand.
BCMAS Program Overview
- Online, self-paced program.
- Earn CME/CE Credits.
- Provides the most comprehensive training in medical affairs with over 20 modules.
- Contains knowledge check questions, glossary of important terms, and case studies.
- Instant chat function for live support with content related & technical questions.
- Progress check indicators track your performance.
- Contains a question bank of over 100 question to prepare for the board exam.
About the Board Exam
- Online, proctored exam (requires a web camera).
- Candidates are given 3 hours to take the exam.
- Results are provided within 1-3 days.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Align the basic direction and goals of a medical affairs organization by better understanding the cross functional areas that relate to medical affairs such as regulatory affairs, clinical development, marketing, compliance and drug development.
- Understand health economics outcomes research as it relates to medical affairs.
- Learn about clinical trial design, evidence based medicine, and become an expert at interpreting medical literature.
- Broaden your knowledge in diagnostics and medical devices as well as better understanding publication planning and regulations.
To meet the requirements for BCMAS, you must:
- Hold an MD, PharmD, or a PhD from an accredited university
- Individuals with several years of pharmaceutical industry experience will be considered.
- *ECFMG Foreign medical graduate are eligible.
- Candidates have 6 months to complete the BCMAS program.
- Most candidates complete the program in 6-8 weeks.
Maintenance of Certification
- The BCMAS Program must be renewed every 5 years. Renewal can be done either (1) by retaking the board exam and passing OR (2) completing 20 hours of continuing education approved by the ACMA.
- The program cost (including a $49 non-refundable application fee) is $2299.
- The ACMA offers 2 payment options.
- Full payment upon acceptance into the program OR
- Installment payment plan over 3 months.